Thursday, January 31, 2008

CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE CATHOLIC DIGEST

CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE CATHOLIC DIGEST:

Overhead:

Young lady to Sister Mary, “ Episcopalians have female priest” to which the Monsignor said to the young lady, “Would you want to be a nun?”

A priest said to a Catholic parishioner, “ You don’t confess a sin more than once. You have already been absolved.

THE PROTESTANT MINISTER’S DAUGHTER AND HER CATHOLIC YOUNG FRIEND

I know a Methodist minister’s daughter who was educated in a Catholic school but because she vowed to follow her parents remain a Protestant.
I am Catholic, convent bred and practicing. I told her not to find faults in the Catholic Church anymore and instead go ecumenical because finding faults is debasing both the Catholics and the Methodists. We pray for each other and are both vanguard in our respective Churches. She helped me conquer my self doubts and educated me being a teacher. I told her not to prejudice, to reach out to the good ones more than the bad ones. We conquest the evils together.

THE OPEN DOOR

THE NUN, MY SISTER, THE AIDS RESEARCHER, AND ME

I have a younger sister who I love very much. She was pregnant at the tiem I was. However, I had a miscarruage. She had a premature kid who had to live through 1 month in an incubator. He is fine now. We prayed a lot during that time. The story I am telling is about my love for her. I felt a certain mental heat one time and to prevent her from feeling it I told her. “The nun is looking at you”. “The AIDS researcher is looking at me.” Sure enough, my husband comes home with a consulting job for blood borne pathogen protection program that is bringing a good sum when it is approved. I am helping them now. We both revel at our faith in each other and with God, my sister and me. The nuns tell us to pray for those with AIDS.

THE OPEN DOR

ETHNIC CATHOLICS

My friends in St. A Church are from all racial background. Mrs. H is of black, American Indian, and Scottish background who was one of the “apostles at the Holy Thursday celebration”.
Mrs. E is an Italian woman who has been to Rome twice. Mr. SM, Mrs. MC, Mrs. FM are all Filipino-Filipinas and I am Filipina Chinese. We four attended the Papal Mass celebrated at the Giant Stadium. We clean the pews in Church, pray the rosary, attend the daily masses, attend the convocations which the St. A school children attend. There are Irish, Hungarian, Polish and other parishioners. The camaraderie is great and the praying is keen and rewarding. We hurdled the racial differences when there is lost souls to be prayed for and poor to be helped and during fundraising. It has been a good prayerful group.

MY HUSBAND ACCOMPANIES ME TO CHURCH

I chose my husband over another suitor because whereas Bob was a strict Methodist who wouldn’t let me practive my Catholic faith, Ed is faxed Presbyterian who would let me do so. He also accompanies me to the Catholic Masses on Sundays. He sits while I kneel. He sings because he has a good voice. I pray over him a lot and during our sleep together. He pays attention to the homilies and makes comments afterwards. He counts the number of Catholics and tells his mother who is an elder in her Presbyterian Church. I read the Catechism of the Catholic Church to him. He utterly believes in the Resurrection and the life hereafter. I am latchhooking Jesus is my Savior after finishing Jesus the Good Shepherd, the Praying Hands, and the Flame and the Cross.

No comments: